Who We Are
- District 186 for the improvement and promotion of educational opportunities both within CUSD186 and afterward in the forms of scholarship for advanced study.
- The Foundation is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable organization, and all gifts to the organization are tax deductible. The Murphysboro CUSD186EF Board of Directors is comprised of community members who volunteer their time in an effort to provide additional opportunities to students and staff.
The Murphysboro Community Unit School District 186 Education Foundation is committed to engaging our community, faculty, staff, students and alumni in honoring our past, improving our present and preparing for our future in a fund-raising and administrative manner that benefits the educational process for all its students while adding lasting value for faculty, staff and community.
- Foundation - To align giving opportunities with financial needs of the District to enhance the education process and experience.
- Foundation Board - To develop the strategy of achieving the Foundation’s purpose, to find and manage committees to help with tactical developments that support the strategy and to raise money to support our mission and future.
- Foundation Committees – To develop specific task areas that support and compliment the strategy.
- Three “Visions” will guide the work of the Murphysboro Community Unit School District 186 Education Foundation. These areas of concentration include specific goals that may be reached soon or through long-term planning and execution.
- Projects – Promote the enrichment of the educational process in the school District through the distribution of funds collected for specific projects.
- Scholarships – Create, manage, award and distribute various scholarships held by the Foundation.
- Recognition – Recognize the current achievements in the District, the accomplishments of past graduates and the benevolence and assistance shown to the school District by friends and patrons.